The sun is shining and the days are getting longer. It’s time to get outside and go for a paddle! As explained elsewhere on this website, new/potential members can take a short introduction course to get to know Never Dry and learn the basics of paddling (kayak or canoe).
How does it work?
Intro classes consist of 3 lessons of approximately 2 hours each, normally on consecutive Wednesday evenings (but this is flexible). Wednesday evening is our club night, so you have the chance to relax and have a drink with other members after your lesson.
During the course you will learn:
- What and who is Never Dry?
- What equipment do you need to paddle safely on the lake?
- How and when can you use club boats?
- How do you get in/out of the boat?
- How do you paddle straight, turn, and go backwards?
- Get inspiration for all the other things you can learn and places you can paddle once you’re a member!
- What are the next steps to becoming a member?
What do I need to bring?
- Clothes that can get wet (preferably non-cotton) and are weather appropriate. If cold temperatures, wind, or rain are in the forecast, it’s a good idea to bring an extra fleece layer and/or a rain coat.
- Shoes that can get wet (preferable close-toed)
- A change of clothes and shoes, which you can leave in the club house during the lesson.
- A water bottle
- Sunscreen/sunhat/sunglasses if a lot of sun is in the forecast
I want to sign up!
Most people first visit the club on a club night (Wednesday) to get orientation and do a short test paddle, before starting the intro classes. To plan a visit and/or sign up for an introduction course, please complete the initial sign-up form. This will send a message to the secretary, president, and treasurer, who will make sure someone is there to meet you on club night.
The intro course costs only 40 euros, and you get 20 euros back once you become a member! Please pay this small fee by transferring it to our bank account before your first course:
NL61 INGB 0000 2475 33 (mention that it’s for intro classes)
When is the next course?
Intro courses are organized throughout the year. The dates of the next known course are shown below.
Intro to kayaking: June 5th, 19th, and 26th
There are still a couple spots available. Do these dates not work for you? Please contact us, and together we can schedule the next intro course!
Intro to canoeing: to be determined.
Are you interested in introductory canoeing lessons? Please contact us to schedule an intro class.
Here are some links to English blog posts about last year’s intro classes:
- More detailed description of the intro class
- Blog post about a beginner paddle with last year’s class